IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
GOVT. SCHOOL TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
(MIGRANTS) REGD. AND ORS. ..... Petitioners
Through: Mr. Rakesh Tiku, Sr. Adv. with
Mr. B.L. Wali, Adv.
UOI AND ORS. ..... Respondents
Through: Mr. V.K. Tandon, Adv. for R2.
Mr. Umang Joshi, Proxy Counsel for MCD/R3.
HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE RAJIV SHAKDHER
O R D E R
1. There is no appearance on behalf of the Union of India before this
2. Mr. Tandon, was requested to appear in Court as assistance on
behalf of respondent No.2, Government of NCT of Delhi, was required. To
be noted, Mr. Tandon is otherwise also engaged in the matter and has been
appearing for respondent No.2, on earlier occasions.
3. It is further noted that counsel for respondent No.3, i.e. Mr.
Gaurang Kanth, is not present, instead Mr. Umang Joshi has appeared as
proxy counsel on his behalf.
4. However, since the matter is on regular board, I have heard Mr.
Tiku assisted by Mr. Wali, at length. After hearing arguments, it is
felt necessary to issue notice to the Learned Attorney General of India,
for assisting this Court, and to know the stand of the Government of
India, as on today, as regards the issue articulated in the writ
page 1 of 2
5. Mr. Tandon, who appears for respondent No.2, also seeks
accommodation to obtain fresh instructions in the matter.
6. Mr. Gaurang Kanth will present himself on the next date of hearing.
7. At request, renotify on 11.7.2014.
8. The matter will, however, retain its position on the regular board.
9. The Registry will despatch a full set of papers to the office of
the Attorney General, so as to save time.
10. In any event, respondents will take instructions on the issue of
payment of wages to the petitioners equal to teachers, who are similarly
placed, on the principle of ?equal pay for equal work?, de hors the issue
RAJIV SHAKDHER, J
JULY 01, 2014
page 2 of 2