IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
W. P. (C) 3530/2011
THE REGISTRAR, SUPREME COURT OF INDIA ..... Petitioner
Through: Mr. Amarjit Singh Chandhiok, ASG with Ms. Maneesha Dhir with Mr. Ritesh
Kumar, Mr. K. P. S. Kohli, Ms. Simranjeet Singh, Mr. Piyush Sanghi and Mr.
RS MISRA AND ORS .....
CORAM: JUSTICE S. MURALIDHAR
O R D E R
CM APPL No. 7380 of 2011 (for exemption)
1. Exemption allowed subject to all just exceptions.
2. The application is disposed of.
W. P. (C) 3530/2011 and CM APPL No. 7379/2011 (for stay)
3. An important question that arises in the present writ petition is whether an
application seeking information relating to court proceedings can be processed
under the Right to Information Act, 2005 notwithstanding that there exist rules
of procedure of the court concerning the disclosure of such information to the
4. Issue notice to Respondent No. 1, returnable on 24th August 2011. Dasti in
addition. Respondents 2 and 3 are formal parties and no notice need to be issued
5. Till the next date of hearing, there shall be a stay of the impugned order
of the Central Information Commission (?CIC?). The CIC will also not proceed
with petitions involving similar questions till a decision is rendered in the
present writ petition.
6. Order dasti.
S. MURALIDHAR, J
MAY 23, 2011